Cauliflower is a vegetable that brings many benefits to the diet of children and the whole family.
In addition to the large amount of fiber that helps fight constipation, cauliflower is anti-inflammatory and rich in antioxidants and vitamins. And the best part: cauliflower is very low in calories, making it ideal for children who are obese or have a tendency to obesity.
- 1 small cauliflower
- 1 potato
- 1 onion
- 1/2 liter of vegetable or chicken or meat broth (according to taste)
- 1 glass of milk
- 1/2 glass of liquid cream or a piece of white cheese
- 1 tablespoon (soup) of butter
- 1 dash of oil
- Salt (optional)
Guiainfantil.com has prepared a homemade, easy, healthy and very smooth recipe from cauliflower puree or cream, for both children's lunch and dinner are even healthier.
1. Wash and cut the cauliflower into small pieces. Reserve.
2. Peel the potato and onion, and also cut them into small pieces.
3. In one case, put a little oil with the butter to heat.
4. Add the pieces of cauliflower, onion and potato, and sauté them.
5. Add the vegetable broth and cook for about 10 minutes or until the potato and cauliflower are soft.
6. Add the milk and cream (or cheese), and when it boils again, remove the saucepan from the heat and let it cool slightly.
7. Beat everything in a blender, pass through a strainer and serve.
If you wish, you can save the leftover cream in jars and keep them in the fridge or freezer for another day.
Enjoy your meal!
You can read more articles similar to Cauliflower cream. Puree recipe for babies and children, in the category of Creams and purees on site.