The Association of Mothers and Fathers of Students is a group that voluntarily decide to join together to achieve certain goals and objectives in favor of the educational community. Belonging to the AMPA or any parent association in a school is voluntary and you only have to pay an annual fee and attend the meetings. We tell you the advantages and disadvantages of being part of this association.
- You will know first-hand what the budget of your educational center is spent on. They will detail what each economic item is intended for.
- You will be able to contribute ideas to start new projects or activities for the students.
- You will have more contact with the rest of the fathers, mothers, teachers and the Board of the center.
- You will discover how the school or institute works.
- You will feel more involved in the fight to improve your children's education.
- It will take part of your time.
- You must allocate a small annual fee to this.
- You will discover things about the internal organization that you may not agree with.
- Discrepancies will appear with other members of the Association of Parents of Students.
- You will hear complaints about things that you had not even considered.
- The AMPA makes management reports.
- Appoint a Board of Directors.
- Asks members questions.
- Promotes talks and seminars.
- It encourages cultural visits and excursions outside the school.
- Organize solidarity markets.
- Normally they form part of the School Council, the highest representative body of the center, where decisions and guidelines are made that mark the course of schools.
- They collaborate in different educational projects aimed at both parents and students.
- Some AMPAs manage extracurricular activities, the dining room service and the sale of textbooks.
- They collaborate by acquiring equipment and material.
- They meet at least every three months.
All these actions revert to the well-being of our children so we must thank the mothers and fathers behind it. Do you dare to participate in the association for parents of your educational center?
You can read more articles similar to Association of Mothers and Fathers of Students: enter or not in the AMPA, in the School / College category on site.